Entrepreneurship Development Cell was established with a view to foster the entrepreneur skills among the students. The purpose of this Cell is to support the students to transform their innovative ideas into new products and services for the betterment of the society with the provision of infrastructure and technical support .The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution of their start up idea into a real business. The Cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneurship Cell, Lords Institute is a place for all those who think differently and who avoid taking beaten paths and believe in leaving trails in all walks of life. The Cell at Lords Institute aims at manifesting the latent Entrepreneurial spirit of young students. Not only we work on your capacities to make you worthy of opportunities but we also help you to walk through it by providing resources such as seed, funding mentoring, networking with other entrepreneurs frequent interactive sessions and competitions.
The best part of the Cell is that, we go beyond and campus and create impact, as we are guided by the philosophy that, growth and development can be possible collectively as a society and not in personal silos or campus silos. Therefore we go out to the society and other campuses and help other Entrepreneurship Cells with the required knowledge transfer and support, to create the synergistic effect.
Students are the greatest natural resource and the cell intends to nurture them and provide them with opportunities for excellence. It intends to pierce the corporate veil, to let the budding entrepreneurs get a feel of how the corporate world works. In all it is the cherished dream of the Entrepreneurship Cell to create corprocrats out of the present day technocrats.
- To organise entrepreneurship awareness camps, programmes, workshops and guest lectures.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship among young students.
- To facilitate the development of entrepreneurial skills of students.
- To be the link in creating a strong network among various institutes of learning and research and various industries.
- To establish an incubation center in the college premises.
- To create entrepreneurial culture in the institute.