Civil Engineering is the mother of Engineering. They conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. Started in the year 2009, more than 2000 students have graduated, our alumni have gone on to serve in distinguished capacities in various industries and institutions in India and abroad.
The course offers a deep insight into the discipline and enables promising engineers to acquire skills required to succeed both individually as well as in Industry. The department is committed to wellbeing and all-round development of its students. The department is very well equipped with 11 laboratories and computational facilities.
The department is fully equipped with all laboratories, lab infrastructure and equipment to meet the highest academic requirements which helps students to gain the practical knowledge also. It undertakes consultancy works also with private sectors and GHMC Authorities. The Department organizes FDPs, workshops, conferences and Seminars for professional interaction which benefits both Student and Faculty too. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty with industry and research experience. All the Senior faculties are PhDs and remaining are Postgraduates.
The following are the courses offered by the Department
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||B.E Civil Engineering||60|
|2||M.E Structural Engineering||36|
|3||M.E Construction Management||18|
Civil Engineering Dept. has consistently brought laurels to the Institution and made a significant impact in the Society. The following are few of the highlights of the Department
- B.E, Civil Engineering program is previously accredited by NBA for 3 years from 2023-24 to 2025-26 and also by NAAC with A Grade
- Civil Department is NABL accredited for Consultancy works.
- Civil Department awarded with ‘GHMC contract for Quality Inspection of Infrastructure works for Academic Year 2018-19, 2019-20 & 2020-21 – Works worth INR 1 crore to be certified by Lords.
- 1 Patent granted By Indian Patent Office For A Period Of Twenty Years From (2021-2031) Patent No 382839, For The Invention “Sewage Treatment Plant System” .
- 5 National Patents are published by the faculty members
- 7 research works published in various conference proceedings organized by reputed institutes.
- Mohd. Safiuddin, Associate Professor is selected as Mentor of Change by ATAL Innovation Mission, NITI AAYOG, Government of India Flagship Programme.
- 2nd Prize Rural Innovators Start Up Conclave organized by NIRD in Drinking Water and Sanitation Category – Sept. 2019
- 3rd Prize Rural Innovators Start Up Conclave organized by NIRD in Drinking Water and Sanitation Category – Sept. 2019
- 3rd Prize Rural Innovators Start Up Conclave organized by NIRD in Sustainable Housing Category – Sept. 2019
- A team of students won INR 50,000/- cash prize and at Rural Innovators Start-up Conclave conducted by NIRD, Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, in March, 2017.
- Winners of Project Expo – 2019 at Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology.
- Projects always focus on solving societal problems – Projects done for water harvesting and implemented in Himayatsagar Village.
- Rural Roads designed and being implemented in Shadnagar with the help of local representatives.
- 3 MOUS Signed with Private Industries Such as BMR Projects Ltd, Dream View Properties, TMR Pvt. Ltd. Etc for Consulting and Collaborative Research