The main objective of the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is to enhance the quality of engineering and science education in the country by developing contents for undergraduate and postgraduate curricula using video and web based courses.
These 4 or 8 or 12 week online courses cover the syllabi prescribed by universities and approved by AICTE. Course contents will be useful for teacher training and through them improve the quality of students. These courses can be used by professionals for updating their academic background.
NPTEL LOCAL CHAPTER
It is a partnership between the college and NPTEL. To take this initiative forward and to encourage more faculties & students across colleges to participate in this initiative, NPTEL has set-up local chapter in colleges on June 2018 (with the approval of the management) which will be under the headship of a faculty member of the college, who would be Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
NPTEL will keep the SPOC updated about all the latest NPTEL initiatives and give him information which he can disseminate among the students and faculties. He can identify suitable mentors for various courses, who can ensure that students are active in a course, are submitting their assignments on time and also clarify the doubts they may have.
NPTEL INDUSTRY ASSOCIATES
NPTEL has recently embarked on an initiative called NPTEL Industry Associate to bridge the gap with the industry wherein they can co-offer courses in their area of expertise, conduct workshops for NPTEL certified students in niche domains, offer internships, jobs, etc. Course toppers are provided an opportunity to take internship with industry /course instructor. Read More
USE OF THE COURSE / CERTIFICATE
- UGC and AICTE are actively encouraging colleges and Universities to adopt atleast one online course a semester for credit transfer. Many have already incorporated the same. Also several IITs such as IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee, IIT Tirupati, IIT Palakkad, etc are allowing these courses to be taken for credits. So too, IIIT Delhi, IIIT Hyderabad, etc.
- 20% of the audience is faculty members in various colleges across the country. The advanced courses are being recommended to AICTE to be approved as Faculty development programs (FDP) so that they can get the points for the same.
- Many students are using these to prepare for GATE exams and higher studies too.
- Enables the student to directly engage and learn from the best faculty in the country in that particular subject.
- The certificates issued bear the stamp of CCE, IIT and hence are valuable additions when the student is applying for jobs.
- The main objective of enabling students obtain certificates for courses is to make students employable in the industry or pursue a suitable higher education programme.
LOCAL CHAPTER STATISTICS
Single Point of Contact(SPOC)
Contact No: 9420464437, 8208572728