LORDS Institute of Engineering and Technology (A) has promoted meaningful scientific industrial Research and Development activities with a vision and mission to pursue and promote Research in Frontier Technologies as well as in the various disciplines of Engineering.
For any education, specifically technical education, the basic model of a ‘teaching – only’ institution is inadequate to ensure quality education. In all disciplines of technical education, knowledge is dynamic with new technologies being introduced very frequently. In this scenario, it is not possible for the teachers to deliver good quality instructions without being tuned to the current developments in the subjects, for which they must constantly update their knowledge. A well-recognized way to deal with this paradigm is for the teachers to be active researchers in the areas in which they interested. As researchers, they need to understand the past and recent developments in their subject areas.
Research and Development cell was established at LIET to inculcate research and innovative skills among faculty and students. R&D Cell provides a platform for creativity and innovation to flourish young minds in Institute. Innovative breakthroughs will happen only because of meticulous efforts of R&D. The Institute provides SEED amount to facilitate basic common research infrastructure for individuals to execute collaborative work.
LIET R&D cell is a nominated committee consisting of Professors from various programs of Engineering. This committee oversees the smooth and efficient coordination of research and development activities in the Institute, thus fostering overall growth. The organizational structure consists of Advisor, Principal, Dean and Coordinators for facilitating the routine functioning of the cell.
Few of the key highlights include
- 110 patents have been published and 4 Indian Patents are granted in four academic year
- 88 Books were authored in last four Academic Year
- 262 research papers published in last four Academic Year
- 117 conference publications in last four Academic Year
- 6 Sponsored Research Projects completed and 2 On-going Projects from various Government and Private Agencies.
- Student Research used for combatting Corona Virus – Oxygen Concentrator, Drone Sanitizer, Mist Sanitizer, Handless Sanitizer, Currency Sanitizer
- Student team selected to represent Telangana at National Level Quad Bike Challenge in Hyderabad – March 2019
- Student team selected to represent Telangana at National Level Electrical Kart Championship in Bhopal – April 2019
- Students awarded for their Innovative Projects for three years at Rural Innovators Startup Conclave – 2017, 2018, 2019 conducted by National Institute for Rural Development, Govt. of India
- Consultancy with GHMC for Third Party Quality Control since 2018 – Works worth over INR 200 crore supervised
- Received funds Rs.3,00,000 for AICTE-ATAL FDP titled ” Recent Trends in Signal and Image Processing with hands-on training using MATLAB” for Two-Week from 19th-30th September 2022.
- Received funding from AICTE under AQIS scheme Rs.11.5 lakhs under MODROB, Rs. 5.46 lakhs for FDP and Rs. 93,000 from ATAL
- Accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for industrial consultancy
- 6 Consultancy Projects are completed and 4 are On-going associated with Aurobindo Pharma, Rise Pharma, Exclusive Magnesium, BMR Projects, Virchow Laboratories, Vasant Chemicals, Dr. Reddy’s Lab
- Institution Infrastructure used for conducting National & State Level competitive examinations including NEET, EAMCET, ECET, Police recruitment etc.
Assists faculty, research scholars and students in filing research proposals for grants from various funding agencies like DST, AICTE, MHRD etc.
- Allocates funds for in-house R & D projects of the faculty, research scholars and students.
- To ensure smooth functioning and effective Management of R&D at the institution.
- To provide a focal point in the institution to co-ordinate R&D activities between various departments, faculty members and research students of the respective institution.
- To identify potential projects/sources of funds, and to communicate the same to Government/Private Funding Agencies
- To establish collaboration with other universities, research centers, and industries with information to Government/Private Funding Agencies on research and development projects.
- To liaise with public and private sectors and identify R&D projects including consultancy services which could be undertaken at their institution on payment basis.
- Implementation, follow-up, progress and monitoring of on-going projects.
- To assist in matters related to collaborative research with other agencies.
- To foster scientific temper.
- To generate innovative ideas on academic and societal problems
- To Encourage, Coordinate And Implement Research And Development Programs (workshops/ seminar/ trainings)
- To create awareness on evolving technologies and industrial standards for products.
- Provide scope for faculty and students to work on latest evolving technologies with industry standards through consultancy projects.
- To identify and inform researchers about the appropriate research opportunities announced by different academic, research, industry or government organizations.
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of the research work/projects in reputed academic journals and reputed conferences
- To prepare and implement a research quality assurance mechanism for ensuring that all research activities of the college conform to standard quality specifications.
- To develop, prescribe and administer rules and regulations to ensure the compliance of all researchers to the research quality assurance framework and the research code.
- To encourage Core Competence and Consultancy work
- To create awareness about filing Patents & IPR