The College has a well established canteen in the campus. It forms the junction of the students from different streams/courses. It makes all edible items available to the students and faculty members as per their requirement. The environment in the canteen is clean & hygienic. The rates charged for various items of food are checked and approved by the college administration. Canteen is open on working days from 9.00am to 6.30pm.
A canteen committee is responsible for monitoring the operations of the canteen and implementing and reviewing the canteen policy. They may also be responsible for specific decisions as specified in the canteen policy, such as employing staff, authorizing major purchases or authorizing changes in the menu. A canteen committee is a proven way to give the canteen enough autonomy to operate as a business while maintaining strong connections with the institute.
To facilitate hygienic and nutritious food at reasonably priced merchandise and services essential to their comfort and well-being.
The Committee monitors, at regular intervals, the quality and quantity of services provided by the canteen and works together with the canteen in charge to improve the services with regards to quality of the food provided, timing of canteen, prices of articles sold.
- Adequate & Well-furnished Canteen with proper Ventilation.
- 50 Nos. Square Table with 200 seating capacity.
- Chillers & Freezer Facilities.
- CCTV Surveillance.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Fully Wi-Fi Connected.
- Laptop & Mobile Charging Point.
- Juices& Beverages.
- Chat Centre.
Some advantages of having a canteen committee are:
- The workload of overseeing the canteen can be shared amongst a team.
- It is a forum where different views and ideas from the organization can be considered without disrupting the day to day management of the canteen.
- It separates the direction of the canteen from the management of the canteen, giving the organization more flexibility in how the canteen operates.
- LIET plays a vital role in protecting & enhancing our environment for future generations. We can help to ensure this by minimizing wastage of energy and water usage and putting into practice the three R`s Reduce, Reuse and Recycle wherever possible.
- Ensuring maintenance of canteen standards & development of human resources by making use of customers’ feedback as a source of improvement.
- Becoming actively involved within one community monitoring & recording one environmental progress always with the goal for future development.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluates the needs of the canteen.
- The Canteen coordinator directs the canteen staff and volunteers on matters related to day to day management of the canteen.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- To check the quality of the food, portability of water provided by the vendor as per the agreement.
- Periodical check on cleanliness, quantity of food supplied.
- To demand hygienic conditions in and around the canteen.
- To obtain feedback from the canteen users and to take remedial measures in case of grievance.
- To call for the tenders from the vendors to run and maintain the canteen.
- To enter into an agreement with the vendor in token of finalization of the contract.
- To fix the menu and their price.
- To enhance the price after a stipulated period.