FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To analyze quotations provided by the logistics department, and provide recommendation for approval.
- To ensure all documentation is accurately completed.
- To ensure that the supplies/services quoted for comply with what was requested.
- Seek clarification from suppliers/service providers where necessary.
- Where the person with authority to approve the Quote Evaluation Form (QEF) has a query on the PC’s recommendation, this should be directed back to the committee stating clearly the nature of the query.
- The PC should also be assigned a role within the supplier pre-preprocessing process.
- In certain contexts, it may be appropriate for some or all members of the PC to be directly involved in the collection of quotations.
- Ensuring proportionality, transparency, accountability and fairness in the procurement process.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is prepared prior to PC meeting.
- Involvement in the evaluation discussion.
- Ensuring that the Quote Evaluation Form is completed accurately.
- Ensuring all necessary procurement procedures are properly followed including any relevant donor procedures.
- Ensuring samples are available for review if relevant and are returned to all unsuccessful bidders.
- To Ensure the Quality of the equipment.
- Scrutiny of the indents for purchase of equipments, furniture and fixtures and other items, received from the departments and recommending procurement, subject to availability of budget provision.
Frequency of meeting: As and when purchase indents are received.