As per the law, it is mandatory for every workplace to have an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) that would play a critical role in prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment at the workplace. The ICC has a responsibility to establish an effective internal complaints procedure, where:
- Assurance that no victimization will result from making a complaint.
- The procedure is well documented in accessible formats.
- Members who manage complaints are well trained.
- Assistance is provided in the form of language interpreters as needed for parties to a complaint.
- Ensuring the process is confidential, independent and based on principles of natural justice.
- Ensuring the process has clear timelines.
- All conflicts of interest are managed appropriately.
|1||Dr.Archana Srinath||Coordinator, S & H|
|2||Ms.Ashlesha Pandhare||Member, CSE|
|3||Ms.Sapna Gangrade||Member, ECE|
|5||Ms.Simhana Devi||Member, Mechanical Engg|
|6||Ms.Sheubha Khatoon||Member, Civil Engg|
|7||Ms.Jayalakshmi||Member, Business Studies|
|8||Dr.Tanveer Fathima||Member, S & H|
|S.NO||REGISTER NO||STUDENT NAME||BRANCH|
|5||17M21A0209||ABDUL MAJEED MORWAN GUBARA||EEE|
|7||17M21A0363||MIR SHOAIB ALI||MECHANICAL|
- To conduct a general first meeting to welcome the team members and to make an awareness of the committee roles and responsibilities and to assign the same to the members.
- To encourage and promote harmonious teaching-learning environment among faculty and students.
- To train the faculty as well as the students on how to tackle any dispute and instruct them to follow the procedure.
- To coordinate with the team in developing mutual understanding among faculty and students.
- Self-update with the anti-social happenings in the surroundings in the college campus.
- Discuss and resolve any discrepancy happened with the help of committee members. If the matter is beyond the committee limits, approach to the higher authorities.
- To interact with the parents along with the student concerned and solve the issue.
- To inculcate the habit of self-discipline and healthy life among students.
Roles & Responsibilities of Faculty
- To make an awareness about the existence of this committee among faculty as well as students.
- Promote and encourage harmonious teaching-learning environment among students.
- Select self-discipline, well-mannered students from every department year wise and make them understand their responsibilities towards this committee.
- Develop mutual understanding among each other and inculcate professionalism, ethics among everyone in the college.
- Explain the process of how to approach to the committee for any kind of internal dispute.
- To note the reports brought by the students as well as gather information regarding any disputes and inform to the committee immediately.
- To make aware of the committee objectives by talking with the students and asking them to consult during difficulties.
- To find out in detail the problems of the students individually or in a group in private and talk to the committee members regarding this issue.
- To maintain the confidentiality of the issue without embarrassing the victim or the accuser.
- To inform the parents and to be in constant touch with them.
- Encourage the students to actively participate in the activity.
Roles & Responsibilities of Student
- To make awareness among the students of their respective departments year –wise about the committee.
- To encourage and promote harmonious learning environment by participating in training sessions.
- Inculcate and promote team spirit, mutual understanding and respect towards each other and women faculty and students.
- To participate in small skits or social activity on topic related to team spirit, gender equality, mutual understanding etc.
- To follow the process of approaching during any kind of disputes. On observing any dispute, report immediately to the faculty coordinator.
- To inform the faculty regarding the problems faced by students.
- To assist the faculty in recognizing the accuser.
- To identify the resource person with the contacts of students and their parents and to inform to the faculty.
- To encourage female students’ participation in physical activities.
- To make a list of students who will participate.
- To build good sportsmanship.
- To manage friendly competition among the teams.