Social welfare cell has been constituted in Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology (LIET) college campus to resolve all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST/Minority welfare students and faculties. The cell seeks to motivate, guide and train all the SC/ST/Minority welfare students of the college to select the right career and make them responsible citizens.
Motto of the Cell:MOTIVATE, ASSIST and SETTLE the students
- To collect information and maintain records regarding the number of staff and students belonging to SC/ST/Minority welfare categories in the college.
- To supervise and see that the admissions to the colleges and hostels are made in accordance with the reservation policy declared by the State Government from time to time.
- To maintain a roster of teaching and non-teaching staff of the college.
- To scrutinize and approve the advertisements that may be issued by the Management for recruitment to both teaching and non-teaching posts.
- To supervise the allotment and distribution of scholarships for various reserved candidates.
- To deal with representations received from the SC/ST/Minority welfare candidates regarding their admissions and recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in the colleges.
- To circulate information regarding matter related to SC/ST/Minority welfare persons to the teaching and non- teaching staff and the students of the college.
- To conduct activities for the betterment of students from SC/ST/Minority welfare community
- To create awareness of the schemes for the welfare of SC/ST/Minority welfare community.
- To maintain data base of Staff and Students belonging to SC /ST/ Minority welfare community.
- To maintain the records of the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee
- To collect information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the SC/ST/Minority welfare students in the College on an annual basis.
- To analyze information on admissions, education, training and employment of SCs,STs and Minorities. Prepare reports for transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required
- To attend to the grievances of SC/ST/Minority welfare students and employees are monitored and rendered the necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems
- To promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and educational deprivations.
Social Welfare Cell has three wings. They are:
2.Career Guidance Bureau and
3.Students Welfare Bureau.
|S. No||The objectives of Counselling Bureau are:|
|1||Disseminating the information regarding various academic programs on the campus and from other colleges/universities.|
|2||Guiding the students in selecting the right path,|
|3||Providing access to the internet facilities.|
|4||Motivating the students to improve their personality through career development courses and programs,|
|5||Creating awareness about duties and responsibilities to become good citizens,|
|6||Extending help to the similar activities of other colleges and universities.|
2.Career Guidance Bureau
|S.No||The objectives of Career guidance Bureau are:|
|1||Showing various career and competitive opportunities open to the students,|
|2||Imparting interview, debating, group discussion and presentation skills to the students,|
|3||Conducting the training programs in collaboration with industries, recruiting agencies, etc.,|
|4||Preparing the students for entrepreneurship,|
|5||Developing the all-round personality of the students,|
|6||Making the students ‘earn-while-they-learn’.|
3.Students Welfare Bureau
|S.No||The objectives of Students Welfare Bureau are:|
|1||improving the communication skills, GK, IQ, EQ of the students,|
|2||assisting the students in drafting, preparation of CVs, etc.,|
|3||creating a sense of community service through participation,|
|4||inculcating positive thinking for physical and mental health,|
|5||providing conducive atmosphere to strengthen teaching-learning process, student-teacher relationship, peer group relationship, etc.,|
|6||coordinating the programs of SDLCE, Kakatiya Adhyayana Kendram, Coaching Center for Minorities, Center for Women’s Studies, SC & ST Cell, Yoga Center, Health Center and Sports Board.|