The vision of this department is to be a world-class provider of education and research for the oil & gas industry and to become a leader in providing new technologies in order to increase the petroleum reserves.
Our mission is to provide modern education in petroleum engineering with theory and practice and to prepare petroleum engineers for lifelong learning and capable of being productive contributors for the oil & gas industry.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO1 :Petroleum Engineering supports the mission of the university and the college through its undergraduate program by providing students with an appropriate curriculum and educational experience.
- PEO2 :Be practical, employable and qualified petroleum engineers, who effectively solve problems and design new processes and workflows in the oil and gas production and services industries or other similar pursuits. Many will have started to move into leadership roles within their workplace.
- PEO3 :Keep their education up to date through self-instruction and other training.
- PEO4 :Serve society by encouraging the ideals of ethical behavior, professionalism, and environmentally responsible use of natural resources.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- PSO1: Professional Skills: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering. and ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills: An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.