Governance Strategy and Policies
The ICT Cell at Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology is dedicated to ensuring the effective and responsible use of technology across the institution. As part of our commitment to sound governance, this document outlines our governance strategy and key policies that guide our operations.
Our governance strategy is founded on the principles of transparency, accountability, and compliance. The key components of our strategy include:
1. Clear Accountability:
• Roles and responsibilities within the ICT Cell are well-defined to ensure accountability in the delivery of services and the execution of projects.
2. Compliance with Regulations:
• We adhere to all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards governing information technology and data privacy.
3. Data Governance:
• We establish policies and procedures for data management, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
4. Risk Management:
• Identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks associated with technology initiatives and operations are integral to our governance approach.
5. Stakeholder Engagement:
• We actively engage with various stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and external partners, to gather input and ensure alignment with the institution’s goals.
Our policies are designed to promote responsible and ethical technology use and ensure the security and integrity of our ICT operations. Key policies include:
1. Information Security Policy:
• This policy outlines the security measures and best practices to protect institutional data and IT resources from unauthorized access, breaches, and cyber threats.
2. Data Privacy and Protection Policy:
3. Acceptable Use Policy:
• The acceptable use policy defines acceptable and unacceptable behaviours when using the institution’s ICT resources, including computers, networks, and internet access.
4. ICT Procurement Policy:
• This policy governs the procurement and acquisition of hardware, software, and services, ensuring cost-effectiveness, vendor selection, and contract management.
5. Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Policy:
• Our disaster recovery and business continuity policy outlines measures to ensure the resilience and recovery of ICT services in case of disruptions or disasters.
6. Accessibility Policy:
• We are committed to ensuring that our ICT resources and digital content are accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities, in accordance with accessibility standards.
7. Software Licensing Policy:
• This policy governs the acquisition, deployment, and management of software licenses to ensure compliance with licensing agreements.
8. Technology Ethics Policy:
• The technology ethics policy promotes ethical and responsible technology use, addressing issues such as plagiarism, online behaviour, and academic integrity.
The ICT Cell at Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology places a strong emphasis on governance to ensure the responsible and effective use of technology. Our governance strategy and policies provide a framework that guides our operations, promotes security and compliance, and aligns our efforts with the institution’s mission and vision.